Thursday 24 April 2014

Packages

She found a new group of friends and a new life; one I eventually decided I could not be a part of. She left my heart, i left her life. 
Although losing a best friend is always difficult, letting go was never a tough decision for me. Sure, it wasn't hard but the pain that comes with it was hard to live with.. I’ve been told by many that I’ve given up on friendships too easily, that I’m supposed to work to keep the friendship together, even when things get hard. I do fight for friendships, just not all. They don't see the things i do. This may be true, actually, this is definitely true, but I have found there is a difference between fighting and letting them beat you. If they are determined in their conviction, you will not change their mind. So when the war is near its end and the loss is inevitable, I think it might be better to walk away than be wounded by the final shots because eventually true friends will return to you, eventually. 
I'm a fighter, not a bidder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment