Wednesday 12 February 2014

Acceptance;

Its alright if i'm not good enough. 
Its alright if i had good intentions but i was mistaken.
Its alright if i tried my best but the world thinks otherwise.
Its alright if i tried to reach out to someone but got rejected.
Its alright if my parents think of me as a failure.
Its alright if people i valued so much, didn't feel the same way about me. 
Its alright if im not appreciated.

Its alright. I realise that if we stopped wondering why do unpleasant stuff happen to us, and just accept the fact that this is part and parcel of life, life gets easier to breathe. Don't get me wrong, i'm still suffocating. I'm still drowning. But im learning to float. 

Acceptance works, it provides some sense of closure in my life, it provides some satisfaction that i managed to stay true to myself. But acceptance is like a double edged sword. 

On one hand, it provides closure. On the other, you have to come to terms that life isn't and wouldn't be how you want it to be. that life isn't truly so pleasant.

I've been hurt, i've been bruised. 
But i accept my circumstances. I accept who i am. I don't see a need to strip my originality to suit the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment