Monday 3 March 2014

Life really has to move on.

For the past few months or years infact, I've been living in the past. I've been letting my troubles and nightmares hold me back for far too long. I find that its perfectly fine for me to still hold on to those empty dark periods in my life. But there comes a time when hurting has to stop for healing to take place. And today healing will take place in my life. I'll always remember how certain friendships didn't workout, on the lessons it taught me.

It has taught me to be more appreciative of my friends even if they don't do the same.
It has taught me to cherish those around me even if they don't do the same
It has taught me the value of understanding, for i cannot expect my closest friends to constantly live up to my expectations on what a friend should be, because it would not be fair for me to expect that much and i'm sure at times i fail to live up to their expectations as well.
It has taught me to be more flexible. Just because things aren't up to my expectations, i shouldn't get angry or blame the party for failing, because 1) i need to appreciate their efforts. 2) I need to be understanding. 3) Because i have my failings as well.

Sure, there are times i find it hard to be a good friend, many times infact. But i comfort myself with the knowledge that everyday i try to be the best person i can be to my true friends, because without them, i wouldn't be able to carry on in life. ( speaking of carry on, it reminds me of 'PERMISSION TO CARRY ON SIR!!!') HAHA stupid memories.



I may have been knocked countless times, resulting in endless emotional hang ups; I may have been bruised emotionally, resulting in crying oceans of tears where noone knew; I may have been brought to the depths of the wilderness, resulting in restless nights.

Knowing the fact that I survived another day is indeed a blessing I could never have imagined.

It's ok if other people do not appreciate my efforts; It's ok if I get the reprimand despite having done my best and there's nothing else I can do to change the situation; it's ok if I have had gone through countless emotional hang ups; It's ok if I've cried an ocean of tears unseen. It's ok if some misunderstood me. It's ok if I'm unable to live in other's expectations.

I'm contented so long as I can be a blessing unto others even in small ways.



I definitely have my blind spots, but as a person and a friend, i constantly try to improve myself. A few comforting words that assures me that i'm a good friend would definitely be welcomed, but who am i to expect that right?
Live life without too much expectations. Take life a day at a time. Savour the moments with your friends, like all the stupid arguments on who is stupid and what not. 
Alot of times, i wonder if my close friends feel the way i feel for them. I can't expect too much from them.
I've seen many post on what a guy bestfriend should be right LOL but i don't think some of them are realistic, and the factor is this issue is actually on your bestfriend, on their personality and how would they react to certain stuff. so i'm still trying to figure out. I haven't had a bestfriend i can truly count on since 100000000 years so i'm glad i found the right one. Can't screw this up!!!
I have my failings, my short comings. But i accept them. And acceptance is key to moving on.
There’s always the possibility of a fiasco. But there’s also the possibility of bliss

On a better note, THERES SO MUCH DAMN THING TO DO FOR ENROLLMENT PACKAGE AHHHHHHH.


No comments:

Post a Comment